Sunday, June 27, 2010

Neglect

That is what my sewing machine is feeling right now. I have a bunch of 'in-progress' projects, but they're all in the hand sewing stage.




I'm working on a second 'hexie' bag, using the same design I used for my Paris Hexagon Bag. I should probably photograph my progress in case i ever want to make a tutorial or pattern out of it. Anyhow, this new bag will be in aqua and red with a stone color canvas for the main bag, and it will be donated to a silent auction to benefit Intercambio de Comunidades. I still have alot of hand sewing of hexagons to do before I get back to my machine. I'm also sewing the binding on a baby quilt for a friend due with a little boy later this summer. I was able to do all the quilting at Modern Domestic on Friday evening, I really love working on those Bernina's - real work horses.



Also, I may have given in and dropped a chunk of change on a 1/2 yard set of the new Heather Ross Far Far Away II. Really, it's so cute, how could I not. I really have no idea what I'm going to use this for, but it has to be something special. I hope to update some time in the next week with a finished project, but who knows.... it's summer, and it gorgeous out and the kids don't want me to sew.

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy! That baby quilt looks adorable - hope I get to see it in person. And definitely do a tutorial on your rad hexie bag. I'd make one (or five).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes -- a tutorial would be great! I love that hexie bag!

    ReplyDelete