Monday, October 17, 2011

Drunkard's Path


I've recently had a bunch of requests to add drunkard's path templates to my shop.  I wasn't sure which sizes would be popular, so I made 3 different sets. A 4", a 5", and a 6".


I couldn't sell them without testing first... so here is what I made with the 4" set.  Just a simple quilted pillow, with a traditional circle pattern. This size set is really cool because you can cut both pieces of the block out of 1 charm square. No really. The waste is less than a square inch, it's really cool. One of the (many) very cool items in my Sewing Summit swag bag was a kona solids charm pack.  Mine was in the 'dusty' palate, which wouldn't have been my first choice, but it worked for this scrappy pillow which is destined for a friend, who I know will love it.  Incidentally, everything I used in the making of this pillow (except for the muslin) was received at the Sewing Summit weekend, either in the swag bag, or from giveaways. The thread and batting included. I still can't say enough about how awesome that weekend was.


What types of templates or rulers are you guys looking for?  Give me some ideas, I'm really open to suggestion!  Cheers!


PS:  check out some other Sew Modern Monday creations here!

14 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love the curves and circles. Off to check out your giveaway....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! This is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "dusty" solids!! Great pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! You are becoming the master of curved piecing. Seriously, it's making me want to try one of these blocks. As if the to-do list wasn't long enough already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love drunkard's path blocks! The pillow looks awesome. Found you via sew modern monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the DP block and in solids it looks amazing - I love this dusty palette! I must go and look at your templates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this block done with solids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. JILL. I NEED THESE. And your pillow is amazing, as usual. I totally envy your curve skills!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drunkards path looks great in solids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful work - and quite modern. That is a big breath of fresh air!!! It is not only the month for Halloween, but breast cancer awareness month!!! Treat yourself or a loved one because you care! I am just stopping by with a reminder to do your self breast exam.
    Here's a fun place to start! Everybody loves boob lube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p8pIHy2GRI

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such an awesome pillow! I wasn't sure what I'd use those dusty charms for either, but you're convincing me to give them a second look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I found this post via Pinterest and I love your pillow! I'm hosting a drunkard's path inspired sewing challenge Jan 2013 and I'm including a photo of your pillow (credited and linking back to this post) on my challenge homepage. Let me know if this isn't ok. My post will go live in a couple days and you and all your readers are welcome to join us!
    Best,
    Rikka J.
    Ricochet and Away!
    www.ricochetandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete