Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baby Boy Quilt



I've been working on this quilt here and there for awhile now, and I finally got a chance to get it done today. After a long night, that had followed a long week, I was able to get out of town and spend the afternoon with my friend Jan who is house-sitting at a gorgeous property in Corbett, on the Columbia River Gorge. It was a beautiful day. We had a few drinks, walked around the property a bit, but spent most of the day lounging on the amazing deck, that was more like an outdoor living room. I'm pretty sure Jan even dozed off a bit. I couldn't though, I was on a mission to finish hand-sewing the binding, and I did, finally!

The quilt is based on this one by Elizabeth of Oh Fransson! I changed the block size and set them differently though. The dogs were very interested in what I was doing. They kept wondering when I was going to let them lay down on it.


Here's the back, I had 1 block left over and then used some yardage of the same line as the front - Tula Pink's Hushabye. It makes a sweet baby quilt, but the prints are similiar enough that the 9 patch part doesn't stand out from a distance. I still really like it, and think it makes for a soft, soothing baby quilt.

It's in the wash/dry now, getting all crinkly and wonderful - off to it's new home soon! Happy 4th everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Nice quilt, Jill, and what a great location for relaxing and handstitching. The quilt and photos look great with your new blog background (it is new, isn't it?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, again -- regarding your comment on my blog: It's a deal! I'd love to fabric shop with you!

    ReplyDelete